Block A Website In your PC
Hello friends,Techtwister is back with a great post, That is How to Block a Website on a Computer .Simply follow the steps in this post to Block a Website on a Computer.
Block a Website on a Computer :- Internet has become so vast that it is easy to get distracted and lose productivity or work. Sometimes it is essential to block certain sites from children’s access or any other person we do not want to disclose privacy.
There are many applications and software out there that block websites on your computer is it in the home or office, but today I will share the trick to block a website on a network, a computer or a home PC or office with simple and easy to use steps.Here are simple tips to block access to any website on your network.
Block any website using your Router:
Use Open DNS :-
- First enter the admin panel of your router by entering the URL into your browser; it would be like http://192.168.0.1/ etc.
- Now within your Open DNS account, you must create the network (you can also create multiple networks as well) where you can block websites.
- Just put the addresses of websites you want to restrict access of other users.
Editing the windows hosts file:
- Open Notepad
- Open this path: C:WindowsSystem32driversetc
- Select All Files in the dropdown, now open the file names hosts.
- You can add 127.0.0.1 facebook.com at the bottom and keep adding the websites in new line if you want to block more websites.