As we all know WhatsApp is a cross-platform mobile messaging service that has already made a firm niche in the world of not only Android market but also across many platforms. Having a user base of more than a billion, WhatsApp is certainly the most favoured mobile application. But at the same time, many users still think that there are certain features, which they would like the developers to include in the app. As a result, many developers gave it a thought on it and have modified the existing version of WhatsApp to include these features in it. These are the unofficial versions of WhatsApp, the most popular and preferred of them is WhatsApp Plus. This application was released some time ago on Google Play Store. This led to a conflict between the developers of WhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus and the developers of WhatsApp Plus were banned from the WhatsApp servers. Though, eventually, it became ban-free and is now available for download.
WhatsApp Plus is developed by a Spanish developer and senior Xda member, Rafalete. WhatsApp Plus is a modified version of WhatsApp with some changes in the user interface and few extra features. However, it still uses the protocol and license similar to that of WhatsApp. Though it is available for download, there remains an uncertainty whether it is legal or not.
The latest version of WhatsApp Plus comes loaded with many features:
- The original version of WhatsApp comes with a green colored icon which is replaced as Blue in WhatsApp plus. But you can change the colour of the launcher icon according to your preference.
- You can send large videos up to the size of 50 MB.
- In the official version of WhatsApp, a user can send up to 10 selected photos at a time, WhatsApp Plus allows you to send more than 10 photos at a time.
- You have the option to change the colour of the app’s background, widgets, chats and notification.
- You can send high-resolution images without compromising the image quality and clarity.
- This app comes available with various free as well as paid visual themes.
- You can add emoticons of your choice as this app features a large collection of emoticons including the Google Hangouts smileys.
- You can add long status with the priority of showing your status to certain users.
- See the status of your friends and family while chatting with them without opening their profile.
- You can hide the last seen option and read the messages without showing the blue tick.