APK i.e. Android Application Package is the package file format that the Android operating system uses to distribute and install mobile applications and middleware. These are a type of archive file with the filename extension of “.apk”. A user can download and install the APK files either from an official source like Google Play Store or from other sites (unofficial). An APK file can also be installed directly to a device from a computer via File manager app or communication program like ADB (Android Debug Bridge).
Here we are providing you with a guide to download and install APK files from Google Play Store.
- Once you add the extension to your desktop browser, you have to enter your valid email id that will be stored in the extension connected to your Google Play Store account and also in your device ID.
- You need to download an app called Device ID on Google Play which will give you your Android ID after you open it. To log in to APK Downloader, you have to use one of the email ids with its respective password which is there in the device ID list.
- Once you are done with this, go to the Play Store to find the app you want to download on your PC. Click on the Download APK
- You can also install the APK file on your android device. For this, you need to enable the option Unknown Sources in your phone’s settings.
- Transfer the file to your Android device using USB data cable. Copy the downloaded file to your device. This process is called sideloading.
- Use the File Manager App and go to the Downloads folder. Select the APK file. It will prompt you for your permission to get itself installed on your device.
- To ensure better security, we recommend you to disable the option Unknown Sources, once you are done.
- Using a Website
- Go to the Google Play Store and search the app you want.
- Copy the application’s URL from the address bar.
- Find a site like Evozi’s APK Downloader which works with both Chrome and Firefox extension and paste the app’s URL in the box at the bottom top of the page.
- Tap on the Generate Download Link option and save it to your PC.
- Transfer and install the app to your device/tab using the above sideload process.